US Tourist visa for Indians
B1 & B2 Visa is considered tourist visa & Business visit visa for visiting the United States of America. This visa is applied for short-term travel with no intention of working in the USA & if you are visiting for any of the below-given purposes then you need to apply for a B1/B2 US Visa.
- Visiting Relatives or Families or Friends
- Business meeting / Business agreements / Marketing
- Medical Treatment
- Tourism Activities / Group Tour / recreational purposes
- Attending Seminars / professional conferences or conventions
B1 – Visa is considered for Business purposes & B2 Visa is for Tourism purposes. Nowadays it will be printed visa as B1/B2 together.
How to Apply For A US Tourist Visa for Indians?
You need to decide the purpose and according to that, you need to arrange the documents. Please find below a step-by-step process.
You should have the following documents available while you complete your DS-160:
- Valid & Expired passport
- Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.
- Dates of your last five trips to the United States, if you have previously traveled to the United States. You may be asked for your international travel history for the last 5 years.
- Resume: You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history.
- Other Information – Some applicants, depending on the intended purpose of travel, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the DS-160.
First, you need to fill out the DS 160 visa application form, it consists of personal information about your education, working details, contact details in the USA, Financial information & travel history. DS160 visa application link.
Select your location in the form while completing the DS160 form & you need to complete all questions pertaining to your DS160 application. Most of the questions are mandatory and must be answered in the spaces provided in the application. You may leave spaces blank when the questions are marked “optional.” You may answer a question with “Does Not Apply,” if that question does not apply to you; however, all other questions must be filled in. The system will not allow you to submit an application with any mandatory questions left unanswered on the DS160.
Application has to be filled in English characters only.
After completing the application you need to sign your application online, click on the “Sign Application” button to sign your application electronically. Once you have checked your answers, you can submit your application. When you do, you will see a confirmation page on your screen with a barcode.
You need to add the digital photograph to the form, please find below the photo specifications for US Visa.
Your photos or digital images must be:
- In color
- Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (22 mm and 35 mm) or 50% and 69% of the image’s total height from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head. View the Photo Composition Template for more size requirement details.
- Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
- Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
- Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
- With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- Taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis
- Uniforms should not be worn while taking photos, while there is an exception for religious clothing that is worn daily.
- Do not wear a hat or head covering that obscures the hair or hairline unless worn daily for a religious purpose. Your full face must be visible, and the head covering must not cast any shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices, or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Eyeglasses are no longer allowed in new visa photos, except in rare circumstances when eyeglasses cannot be removed for medical reasons, e.g., the applicant has recently had ocular surgery and the eyeglasses are necessary to protect the applicant’s eyes. A medical statement signed by a medical professional/health practitioner must be provided in these cases. If the eyeglasses are accepted for medical reasons:
- The frames of the eyeglasses must not cover the eye(s).
- There must not be a glare on eyeglasses that obscures the eye(s).
- There must not be shadows or refraction from the eyeglasses that obscure the eye(s).
- If you normally wear a hearing device or similar articles, they may be worn in your photo.
Review the Photo Examples to see examples of acceptable and unacceptable photos. Photos copied or digitally scanned from driver’s licenses or other official documents are not acceptable. In addition, snapshots, magazine photos, low-quality vending machine or mobile phone photos, and full-length photographs are not acceptable.
US Visa Fee for Tourist Visa
The US visa fee has to be paid online or with the Axis Bank office and the visa fee is USD 160.00$. The Visa fee has to be paid after submission of the DS160 application form.
After DS 160 form is submitted, kindly take a print of it with the bar code.
You need to take 2 appointments for visa processing, 1st is to submit your biometric fingerprints, and 2nd for a consulate interview.
Documents required for a USA Tourist visa for Indians.
- Original Passport & Expired passport if any
- DS 160 Bar code Confirmation
- Visa fee payment confirmation proof
- Appointment slip
- Invitation copy
- Covering letter
- Travel Itinerary if it is a planned trip
- Bank Statement for last 6 Months in Original with bank seal
- Income tax Return papers for the last 3 years
- Financial standings to prove funding support
- NOC for government employees
- If a Businessman, then he needs to show all company documents
We at Smart Travel Solutions are experts in providing all support for USA Tourist visas for Indians.